This is a pattern of the adorable hot air balloons Rosa made for her son's stroller.
You will need:
Hook 2,5 mm (size 12, I believe - or B?)
Yarn in blue, white and a little bit of brown and three other colors (one for each balloon). I've used thin cotton (4/4) that goes with hook 2,5 mm - it's easy to work with and it's cheap!
Round rubber band (3 mm)
Fiberfill for stuffing
MR = magic ring (watch this video for instructions)
st = stitch
ch = chain stitch
sc = single crochet
OC = other color
tog = together
sl st = slip stitch
NB! When you change between colors you should do as shown in here - that means you'll have to yarn over with the new color in the last stitch you make before you want the colors to change (a bit confusing, but check out the pictures in the Danish instruction)
Stuff the balloons as you go.
The balloon (make 3 - each on with a different OC)
1) Do a MR in WHITE with 6 sc = 6
2) 2 sc in each st (before you yarn over in the last st change to OC) = 12
3) *1 sc, 2 sc in next st (yarn over with WHITE in 3rd st), 1 sc, 2 sc in next st (yarn over with OC in 3rd st)* Repeat *-* 2 times = 18
Keep changing colors like you just did in round 3 so they "follow" the increases - and remeber to yarn over with the new color in the st before the actual color change (as shown in the link above)
4) *OC: 2 sc, 2 sc in next st, WHITE: 2 sc, 2 sc in next st* Repeat *-* 2 times = 24
5) *OC: 3 sc, 2 sc in next st, WHITE: 3 sc, 2 sc in next st* Repeat *-* 2 times = 30
6-10) Even rounds of 30 sc (*5 sc in OC, 5 sc in WHITE*)
11) *OC: 3 sc, 2 sc tog, WHITE: 3 sc, 2 sc tog* Repeat *-* 2 times = 24
12) *OC: 2 sc, 2 sc tog, WHITE: 2 sc, 2 sc tog* Repeat *-* 2 times = 18
13) Even round of 18 sc (*3 sc in OC, 3 sc in WHITE)
14) *OC: 1 sc, 2 sc tog, WHITE: 1 sc, 2 sc tog* Repeat *-* 2 times = 12
From now on only use WHITE
15-16) 12 sc
Fasten off, stuff the balloon, weave ends
The basket (make 3)
1) Do a MR with 6 sc
2) 2 sc in each st = 12
3-5) Even rounds of 12 sc
Make a sl st in the last st, fasten off and leave enough yarn to attach the basket to the balloon as described in the following: *Using a needle sew through the next st in the basket and then attach the yarn to the balloon and weave ends* Using a new piece of brown yarn (in order to get basket hanging evenly from the balloon) repeat *-* 3 times, so that 4 strings of yarn hold the balloon and basket together. Make the attachements in every 3rd st so that it looks nice and even.
Cut off a piece of the round rubber band so that it fits your stroller. Pull it through each of the suspender clips and tie 3 knots tightly around it. Carefully use a lighter or such to burn off the ugly ends off the band - for safety make sure to do this outside and remember to bring water!
Crochet sc around the band using blue yarn and make sure that the band is covered with yarn. Fasten off and weave ends.
Attach the balloons using white yarn.
Aaaaand you're ready to pimp your ride!
NB! Note that the pattern is for private use only! You may not sell the pattern nor anything you made using it.